Alwar – A Royal City of Rajasthan
Alwar is a wonderful city in Rajasthan with an exceptional old world attraction which beckons the admirers and enthusiasts of Indian culture to visit the place once in their life. The earlier capital of the generous Alwar state or Ulwar, because it was identified by the Britishers, it was a superb city oozing royalty and prosperity. An excellent to know the truth about this amazing city is that as the city was known by the name of Ulwar that set the city at the base of the Indian cities list when alphabetically ordered, a king altered the name to Alwar thus it will be on the higher position.
The amazing Alwar is a historic, old city which was primarily ruled by the Yaduvanshi Ahirs. They seized their sway over the area for a long time period, gradually developing and administering the city. The Alwar city is overflowing with old ruins of earlier rulers that consist of citadels, palaces, old market streets, forts, etc. The leftovers are important historically and set the city on map of Indian tourism. At present the city is practicing a boom in the tourist’s number. The superb thing is that there are many hotels to take proper care of the lodging requirements of the tourists. The inexpensive hotels in Alwar are mainly famous in between the tourists. On the other hand, the good picnic spots in alwar confirm that one’s stay happy in the city. There are many tourist places near alwar that you can visit directly from alwar.
The Alwar city is crammed with interesting tourist attractions and monuments. The city forts are the best places to visit in alwar. Ajabgarh Forts, Bala Quila Fort, and Bhangarh Fort are the most momentous forts in city of alwar. Some other outstanding sightseeing spots comprise: Hill Fort Kesroli, Vijay Mandir Palace, BhartriHari, Company Garden, PanduPol, Jaisamand Lake, Siliserh Lake and Complex of City Palace. Situated in the surrounding area is the world famous Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary that is a best destination for a day’s outing. The best thing is that there are some beautiful and comfortable hotels near Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary which offer value for accommodation.
If you want to visit famous tourist place in alwar, then best time to visit this city is winters. Winter is best time when the weather is heavenly. The Alwar city completely depends on railways and roadways for connectivity with some other Indian cities. The adjoining airport is the Jaipur Airport that is just 148 km far from this city and you can easily get cabs and taxis from main market of the city.
- Moosi Maharani ki Chatri- A Cenotaph Worth Visiting
- Tripolia Imperial Mausoleum- A wondrous Monument Worthy of a Visit
- Jai Pol Fort – A Small Scenic Fort
- Bhangarh Fort – A Place Forgotten by Time and People
- Naldeshwar Shrine – A Divine Place to Visit
- Sariska Tiger reserve – A Wildlife Sanctuary in India
- Vijay Mandir Palace – A Scenic Beauty
- Company Bagh – Garden of Dreams
- St Andrews Church – A Refined Piece of Architecture in Alwar
- Bala Quila – Also Known as the Alwar Fort
- City Palace – A Palace Worth its Weight
- Government Museum in Alwar
- Moti Doongri – A Small Fort Located in Alwar
- Purjan Vihar- A Garden Par Excellence
- Bhartrihari Temple – A Divine Place for Worship
- Jai Samand Lake – A Lake to the People Visiting Alwar
- Kalakand Market – A Delight for Shoppers